Saturday 4 May 2013

TA DA!


This is one of the 'Death to Depression' Mitts that I finished last night and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out. Unfortunately for you lot, it looks far, far better in real life than it does in pictures. The yarn I'm using (UK Alpaca Superfine in Mustard) is simply a snoggy delight to work with. It has strength, bounce, and softness and is very easy to knit with. I might marry it...or at least start an elicit affair, which will hopefully end in a dramatic showdown where I shout. 'I've moved on to Fyberspates Scrumptious anyway!' when the truth is that I have a complicated and highly frustrating relationship with Fyberspates Scrumptious (another blog post...).

Ahem, I have an active 'mental' life to compensate for quite a serene real one.

There's something about this mitt that whispers, 'Put some purple in me, I will love you for it'. I'd like to tell it to shut the hell up but then I spotted this bit of colour inspiration in Forbury Gardens this afternoon:


That Chanel Rouge-Noir in tulip form looks stunning against the fresh greens and soft ecru of the foliage. I find this most pleasing and I might have a think about embroidering a dark colour like this onto the mitts or perhaps shelve the idea for future colour scheme inspiration.

I had a very nice browse around Aunt Elsie's Spring Fling at the Market Place in Reading this afternoon. There were many, many wonderful handmade goodies and artwork to see and I got a chance to chat to some of the lovely artists there. I also came home with this little fella from Red Kyte:


He has been named Von Clownsticks (after a silly meme currently doing the rounds) and he will be very at home with his new family:


Meet our lovely collection off oddbods who ordinarily inhabit the mantelpiece in our living room: (clockwise from the back) Uncle Funky the giraffe, Crab Monster, Pootlebeetle (a Japanese silk owl, no less) and Baby Crabmonster. The two larger owls and the giraffe are from the ridiculously talented, lovely (and mildly batty) Caroline Rose Art (she's doing an owl sale very soon, so join her Facebook page and do a stake-out because these babies fly out of her shop at ninja speeds).

Some one should probably stop me before I become one of the people you see on those awful 'Hoarders From Hell' programmes. Intervention needed!


No comments:

Post a Comment